Turkey ,Corn and Sun Dried Tomato Wraps..
Fresh corn kernels, tomatoes, and lettuce fill these hearty turkey wraps. This wrap is great for picnics or when you need to have dinner on the run. Add some crumbled feta or shredded Cheddar for another layer of flavor. Serve with carrot sticks, sliced bell pepper, or other crunchy vegetables plus your favorite creamy dressing.
- cup(s) corn kernels, fresh (see Tip) or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes (see Shopping Tip)
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 8 (about 8 ounces) thin slices low-sodium deli turkey
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cup(s) chopped romaine lettuce
Follow these simple directions-
- Combine corn, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Divide turkey among tortillas. Top with equal portions of the corn salad and lettuce. Roll up. Serve the wraps cut in half, if desired.
Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.
Shopping Tip: Look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed) in the produce section of most supermarkets. If you can only find dry (and hard) sun-dried tomatoes, soak them in boiling water for about 20 minutes before using.
Serve with a glass of Sweet Tea-
Enjoy! Eat well my friends!