Yes you read that right...Sweet Potato Pizza.....with Balsamic Onions...I won't even try to explain...Just check out the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig(s) oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup(s) prepared mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 (12-inch) prebaked pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (7 ounces) shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounce(s) thinly sliced soppressata, cut into ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Set a pizza stone on the bottom of the oven (alternatively, the pizza can be baked directly on the oven rack). In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the onion and oregano sprig, cover, and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the skillet and cook over moderate heat until the onion is caramelized, about 10 minutes; add a few tablespoons of water to the skillet if necessary. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until it has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Discard the oregano sprig and season the onion with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sweet potatoes over the pizza crust. Top with the mozzarella, onion, and soppressata. Scatter the oregano leaves on top. Slide the pizza onto the stone and bake for about 10 minutes, until bubbling and golden in spots. Cut into wedges and serve.
Enjoy! Eat well my friends!