But the problem with conjuring up the best chili ever is the fact that what makes a chili truly great is so subjective.
How bout crock pot chilli for starters-
- 3 lbs hamburger, browned
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (30 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chili beans
- 2 c. water
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- In a large Crock Pot mix all ingredients together.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Top with sour cream and cheese if desired.