And Now...Let's get cooking...
1 (14 pound) roast-ready prime rib roast (ribs cut off and tied to roast)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
Mix all of this together and season roast!
- Cooking time = 2 1/2 hours EXACTLY.
- Bring roast to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season the roast to your taste, (I use Johnny's Dock), place on rack and place in preheated oven.
- Cook for exactly 1 hour. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR AT ANY TIME DURING THE ENTIRE COOKING PROCESS!
- Turn oven OFF for exactly 1 hour.
- Then turn oven on at 400 F for half an hour.
- Let roast stand for 15 minutes or so to let juices redistribute before carving. Roast will be juicy and pink without failure. The size of the roast doesn't matter. It works!
Enjoy...Eat Well my friends!