This post for those of you not from Philadelphia,South Jersey or New York City...I'm going to give you the perfect hoagie recipe.
Note:You gotta go to the Philadelphia and South Jersey Region to pick up the hoagie rolls...These rolls are only made in the area of the United States...If you want to be authentic..You have to go there.
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hoagie rolls (Remember,they gotta come from Philly or South Jersey)
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto di Parma, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb capicola, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami or 1⁄4 lb soprassata salami, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 cup shredded lettuce
- Slice the rolls, but not all the way through.
- Place the vinegar and oregano in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
- Remove some of the bread from the center of each half of roll.(if desired)
- Drizzle a little of the olive oil mixture on the bread.
- Place first the meats, then the cheese in layers.
- Top with the tomatoes, onions, then the lettuce. Drizzle with more of the dressing, as desired.