Doesn't the photo above look good? It does...It looks so good it makes me want to go and fix it....
Here is a quick and delicious lunch item....The In and Out Grilled Ham & Cheese sandwich.
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slice(s) bakery Pullman bread
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 pound(s) Swiss cheese, preferably Gruyère, sliced
- 8 ounce(s) ham, thinly sliced
- Dill pickle slices (optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) apricot preserves
Butter each slice of bread and sprinkle with Parmigiano, pressing to help it adhere. Invert the slices onto a work surface, cheese side down. Top 4 of the slices with the Swiss cheese, ham, and pickles. Mix the mustard and preserves and spread on the remaining 4 slices of bread. Close the sandwiches and griddle over moderate heat, turning, until golden, crisp on the outside and melted inside, about 3 minutes. Cut in half and serve right away.
I believe I learned how to fix this when I was a cook in the Air Force...we had a name for this, but it escapes me now..
Anyway...Enjoy! Eat well my friends!