Feel like Spanish tonight? This paella recipe makes it easy with Zatarain’s yellow rice, shrimp, smoked sausage, onion and peas. If you want to give it a little more South Louisiana flavor, use andouille sausage.
(Free Advertisement...Shameless Plug...
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick ubstitutions available
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Yellow Rice (Again, shameless plug!)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Bring water, sausage, tomatoes, onion and parsley to boil in large skillet. Stir in Rice Mix. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes
- Stir in shrimp and peas. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes
Enjoy with a nice large glass of Lemonade!