You know how much I love pasta...Any kind of pasta....Here is Fusilli with raw tomato sauce...This recipe serves six....It's a perfect summer pasta dish.
- 3/4cup(or more) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoonsbalsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2tablespoonsred wine vinegar
- 4 1/2poundsplum tomatoes, halved, pulp discarded, flesh cut into 3/4' pieces
- 3/4cup(packed) fresh basil leaves, torn
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1pound fusilli (spiral-shaped pasta)
- Whisk 3/4 cup oil and both vinegars in a large bowl to blend. Add chopped tomatoes. Using a potato masher or your hands, slightly crush tomatoes to bruise and release juices. Stir in basil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover bowl and let tomatoes marinate at room temperature for 1 hour to allow flavors to develop.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain; return pasta to pot and add to tomato mixture; stir to evenly incorporate. Let pasta stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes to allow pasta to absorb flavors from sauce. Season pasta to taste with salt and pepper and drizzle with more oil, if desired.
Enjoy! Eat and drink well my friends.