I got this recipe from Martha Stewart Living...Warm up the first weeks of Autumn with this sweet treat that tastes of the tropics.
- 1 tablespoon(s) crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup(s) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 4 (4 pounds) mangos, peeled, pitted, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 5 slice(s) (4 ounces) white sandwich bread, coarsely torn
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a food processor, pulse ginger until finely chopped. Add brown sugar, allspice, and bread. Pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of crumb mixture in the bottom of an 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish; fill with mangoes, and drizzle with lemon juice. Level fruit with the back of a spoon.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture; dot with butter. Bake until crumbs are golden brown and fruit is bubbly, about 45 minutes. Serve.
Enjoy! Eat and drink well my friends!