I have to have a recipe for at least one green vegatable...Green vegatables are good for you...I should eat more...I've decided ,I'm going to include at least one recipe a month that is of the green leafy kind...
This is this months...
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 3 pound(s) Swiss chard, rinsed, stems cut into 1/2-inch pieces, leaves cut
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds&
In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the cumin and cook over moderately high heat until slightly darkened, 10 seconds. Add the jalapeños and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in the chard leaves and stems with the water that clings to the leaves and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring, until the chard is tender, 12 minutes. Uncover and cook over high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated, 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, season the chard with salt, and serve.
Enjoy! Eat Healthy and Well My Friends!