Here’s the thing about soup: It’s not particularly hard to make, but it can just be a major time suck. Which is why so many of us find it easier to just reach for the can on the shelf. Enter the slow cooker. Minimizing prep time and practically eliminating your need to be around for the cooking process,
All that’s left for you to do is show up for dinner.
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef;
- 1 cup onion, diced;
- 2 cups cauliflower, minced;
- 2 bell peppers (any color), chopped;
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes;
- 15 oz. tomato sauce;
- 3 cups beef stock;
- ½ tsp. dried basil;
- ½ tsp. dried oregano;
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed;
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium-high heat and cook the onion and the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook until the meat is browned.
- Place the beef and onion mixture in a slow cooker.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, season to taste, and give everything a good stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.