Buttttttttttttttttttttt, I just couldn't part with some of my favorite foods. After many experiments I came up with this potluck favorite—now everyone's happy I suppose!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Baked Beans..
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried great northern beans
- 2 smoked ham hocks (about 1/2 pound each)
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, optional
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine beans, ham hocks, water, onion, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- Cook, covered, on low until beans are tender, 8-10 hours.
- Remove ham hocks; cool slightly.
- Cut meat into small cubes, discarding bones; return meat to slow cooker.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar, nutmeg, cloves, remaining garlic powder, remaining onion powder and, if desired, pepper sauce.
- Cook, covered, on high until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).