It's summer and it's time for barbecuing...Here is something interesting and new that will definitely be a party favorite. These meatballs...These Meatballs..They’re made with….wait for it… Wait for it…. Bacon! Whoaaaaa bundy!! BACONNNN!
Mind blown right? That’s right. Bacon. Bourbon. Meatballs. Periods added for extra emphasis not really required in the title. But have you ever had a bacon meatball? If you have then you’re way cooler than me because these were a first for me.First time I ever heard of it!
- Place the uncooked bacon into a food processor and process for about 1 minute or until bacon is finely ground up. Add in the onion and process until onion is finely chopped and mixed in.
- Spoon bacon and onion mixture into large bowl. Add ground beef, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, chili powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Scoop out the meat mixture and roll into balls using your palms, should make about 24 1 inch meatballs.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Place the meatballs into the sauce pan and cook, turning every couple minutes to ensure all sides cook evenly. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove the meatballs and set aside. Remove the pan from the heat and pour out the excess grease.
- Add the barbecue sauce, water and bourbon to the saucepan and return to heat. Stir to mix the sauce together. Add in the meatballs and allow them to simmer in the sauce for at least 10 minu
6.6.4Huh? Whattt? Try these...You'll love em and everybody at your cookout will be talking about you!
Enjoy!!! Eat Well My Friends!