Okay...So for the one millionth time...You know that I love anything Italian, Anything
Pasta. So here is a little recipe that will spice up the normal pasta noodle routine...
Believe it or not..Cinnamon, nutmeg, and red pepper lend a gentle, unexpected spice to the lean ground beef so you don't have to sacrifice flavor for health.
12 ounce(s) fettuccine or any long pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add the carrot, celery, and garlic and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes more.
- While the vegetables cook, combine the beef and wine in a medium bowl; break up the beef with a spoon.
- Add the beef mixture to the vegetables, increase the heat to medium-high and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until the liquid has evaporated and the meat begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in the red pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet and simmer until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley and toss with the pasta.
Enjoy! Eat Well My Friends!