sandwich...Check it out.
· 1/2 (16-ounce) Italian bread loaf
· 1/4 cup Italian dressing
· 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
· 1/2 cup mayonnaise
· 1/2 cup mustard
· 1/2 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
· 1/2 pound thinly sliced mortadella or bologna
· 4 (1-ounce) provolone cheese slices
· Romaine lettuce leaves
· 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
· 8 bacon slices, cooked and cut in half
· Garnish: pimiento-stuffed green olives
1. Cut bread diagonally into 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices; arrange on a baking sheet. Brush slices evenly with Italian dressing, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
2. Bake at 375° for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
3. Spread untoasted sides of bread slices evenly with mayonnaise and mustard. Layer 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up, with salami, mortadella, and provolone. Top with 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up; layer with lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side down. Cut in half, and secure with wooden picks. Garnish, if desired.
Enjoy! Eat well my friends!