Carlotta was nice enough to share this recipe with the readers of this Blog..This pork fajitas recipe with grilled pork tenderloin, onions, and peppers gets a sweet-smoky aroma and flavor when topped with chipotle-infused cherry salsa. Manchego cheese, though untraditional for fajitas, pairs nicely.
Check it out and thank you Carlotta! (Shameless plug for my other blog)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 limes
- 6 teaspoon(s) lime juice, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground chipotle pepper (see Tips), divided
- 1 1/4 pound(s) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 medium white onion, thickly sliced crosswise
- 1 red or green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 cup(s) chopped, pitted sweet or sour fresh cherries (see Tips)
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Manchego or Cheddar cheese
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed (see Tips)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mash 1 teaspoon salt and garlic in a small bowl with a mortar and pestle, or a spoon, until a paste forms. Mix in lime zest, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and 1 teaspoon ground chipotle. Rub the paste all over pork.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the pork, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reaches 145 degrees F, 13 to 15 minutes. Grill onion and bell pepper, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the pork to a clean cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine cherries, cilantro, the remaining 4 teaspoons lime juice, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon chipotle, and pinch of salt in a bowl. Finely chop one slice of grilled onion and stir into the salsa.
- Thinly slice the remaining onion and pepper. Thinly slice the pork. Serve the pork and vegetables with the salsa and cheese on tortillas.
Have with a tall glass of beer...Another of my charactors from my blog,Escapades...Bar manager, Honey Brown, would serve you a Corona! Thank You Honey! (Second Shameless plug for my other blog!)
Enjoy your Saturday! Eat and Drink well my friends...