Desert time again....Banana Blueberry muffins is what's hot right now...I'm serious and these are best served hot too!
Lots of people have their own go-to muffin recipe, but this light, moist rendition is hard to beat, check it out!
- 1 cup(s) whole-wheat flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup(s) wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) (packed) light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 (1/2 pound each) ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced-fat (2 percent) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a bowl, whisk together flours, wheat germ, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, mash bananas with a fork (you should have 3/4 cup); stir in milk and vanilla.
- With mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix just until combined. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Let cool in pan 10 minutes; transfer muffins to a rack to cool 10 minutes more.
Enjoy this nice healthy snack...Eat well my friends!