Okayyyyyyyyyy, after yesterday...it's time for something that I actually would eat...Check this dish out!
- 1 (about 3 1/2 pounds) whole chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) fine-grained sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 pound(s) new potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion or leeks
- 3 cup(s) sparkling white wine
- 2 cup(s) fresh peas
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped dill
- Brown the chicken: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a platter with several layers of paper toweling and set aside. Season the chicken pieces with the salt and pepper. Add the oil to a large, ovenproof skillet set over medium-high heat. Place the chicken pieces, skin-side down, in the skillet and cook until well browned and skin is crispy -- about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet to the prepared plate and discard fat, reserving 3 tablespoons.
- Finish the casserole: In the same skillet, add the reserved oil and the potatoes; cook over high heat on one side until browned -- about 10 minutes. Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add the sparkling wine and let boil for 1 minute. Return the chicken pieces to the skillet; transfer to oven and roast for 40 minutes. Add the peas to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Dot the chicken pieces with equal amounts of the butter and let it melt over the chicken. Sprinkle the dill over the casserole and serve immediately.
Enjoy! Eat well my friends!