If you're not drooling right now,If your mouth isn't watering then something is seriously wrong with you!
Let's take a look at this tasty recipe....
Before roasting, sandwich figs with goat cheese and drizzle them with honey. Serve with baguette slices for a delicious appetizer.
- 8 fresh figs, such as Mission, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled or cut into 8 large chunks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Multigrain baguette slices, for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 425°F. Trim stems from figs and slice in half lengthwise.
Sandwich fig halves with cheese; arrange figs standing up in a 6-inch heavy-bottom skillet (preferably cast-iron).
Drizzle with honey and oil; sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Roast until warm and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve with baguette slices, if desired.
Mmmmmmmmmmm enjoy! May you all have a very Happy New Year!