- 1 box Zatarain’s® Honey Butter Cornbread Mix (Shameless Product Plug)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked smoked andouille sausage, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare cornbread as directed on package. Cool completely on wire rack. Coarsely crumble cornbread and place in large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet or cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 3 minutes or until browned. Add onion, celery and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir sausage mixture into crumbled cornbread. Add stock; toss gently until well mixed. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish lightly sprayed with no stick cooking spray.Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.Enjoy with Turkey, Chicken or just by itself....Eat Well My Friends!