I'm in Breakfast mode once again....How about some Lemon Poppyseed Waffles with Blueberry sauce?
Never heard of it right?
That's why this blog is here..To enlighten you and open up your pallet to new and wonderful things.,
1 cup of All purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract
- Vegatable shortening, melted
- Or Butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon peel
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen blueberries, thawed and undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- SPRAY waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray.
- WHISK flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, almond extract, shortening and lemon peel in small bowl. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; whisk just until blended. Do not over mix. Let batter rest 15 minutes before baking.
- HEAT wafflemaker according to manufacturer’s directions. Ladle batter into waffle maker. Cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with Blueberry Sauce.
- COMBINE blueberries, water and sugar in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes. Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in small bowl; stir into blueberry mixture. Add lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until mixture is thickened. Cool slightly. Serve with waffles.
Eat Well My friends!