- 1/2 (2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup cornmeal or instant polenta
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons store-bought pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- steamed baby broccoli, to serve
- Place the squash in a roasting pan and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place in a preheated oven, at 400°F, for 20–22 minutes, until tender.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a skillet, add the onion and sage, and season with salt and black pepper, then cook over low heat for 16–18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden.
- 3In a separate saucepan, bring the water to a boil, then add the cornmeal or polenta in a steady stream, whisking continuously. Simmer over low heat for 10–12 minutes, until bubbling and cooked.
- 4Remove the squash from the oven, add the pine nuts, and coarsely mash with a fork. Stir the butter, pesto, cheese, onions, and squash into the grits, then serve with broccoli.
Enjoy! Eat and Drink Well My Friends!