I'm into comfort food now of days...It's cold outside and I need some stick to your ribs,make me feel good and fill me up kind of food...And that's just what Braised Beef Lasagna is..
Check out this recipe-
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 4 cups Braised Beef Ragout
- ¼ tsp salt
- 475 g ricotta
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tsp finely chopped anchovies(optional....I don't eat fish,so I wouldn't be including this)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 360 g fresh pasta sheets
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine parsley and basil and stir 2 tbsp into ragout mixture. Season with salt and set aside.
- Combine ricotta with milk, 2/3 cup of Parmesan, anchovies, nutmeg and pepper.
- Spoon 1 cup ragout over the bottom of an 8 x 10 ovenproof casserole dish and spread to the edges. Top with a layer of pasta sheets (heavily overlapping the pasta sheets and trimming edges as needed). Spread on another cup ragout and spoon ” of the ricotta mixture over top. Top with another layer of pasta, ragout and ricotta. Add the last layer of pasta. Spoon remaining ragout and ricotta over and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 min. Then remove foil and bake 15 min longer or until sauce is bubbling. Let stand 10 min and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp parsley and basil before serving.