Duck with Kumquat Honey sauce....Almost sounds x-rated......
Check it out:
|Prep Time||15 min|
- 4 duck leg portions
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1¼ cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau or brandy
- 10 kumquats, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1Place the duck legs on a rack standing inside a roasting pan, season well with salt, pepper, and the five-spice powder and roast in a preheated oven, 425°F, for 35 minutes.
- 2Put the orange juice, honey, cloves, Cointreau or brandy, and kumquats in the roasting pan under the rack after roasting the duck for 10 minutes. Return the pan to the oven for the remaining 25 minutes.
- 3Remove the duck from the oven and add to the roasting pan with the kumquat sauce. Simmer gently together on the stovetop for 10 minutes.
- 4Add the chopped parsley to the sauce, thickly slice the duck, and serve piping hot with boiled potatoes and green beans.Serve with a nice white wine...