Hello folks...Check this out..This filling and flavorful vegetarian casserole is one of those amazing make-ahead dishes.
It comes together in about 30 minutes, so you can make it any night of the week for a satisfying meal. Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for a couple of days or freeze well, leaving you with a tasty stockpile to draw from when you need an easy meal later on in the week (or the month).
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound(s) cremini or button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 can(s) (15.5-ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed and halved
- 2 cup(s) salsa
- 1 1/4 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until browned, 7 minutes. Add garlic and cayenne; season with salt and pepper. Add black beans and stir to combine. Cook until beans are warmed through, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange 5 tortilla halves in a 2-quart baking dish. Top with half the bean mixture and 1/2 cup salsa, then sprinkle with one-third the cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortilla halves, bean mixture, salsa, and cheese. Top with remaining tortilla halves, salsa, and cheese. Cover with foil and bake until center is hot and cheese melts, 10 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is bubbling, 5 minutes.