Try A homemade mustard sauce, laden with fragrant spices and spiked with tequila, and it will take easy grilled chicken from everyday to amazing....Check it out.
- 1/2 cup(s) tequila
- 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) Kosher salt
- 3 pound(s) skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) malt vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) tequila
- 2 tablespoon(s) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) chile powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely grated lime zest
- In a large bowl, combine the tequila, brown sugar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, and salt. Add the chicken, toss to coat, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks, water, malt vinegar, honey, tequila, lime juice, dry mustard, coriander, cumin, and chile powder. Cook over low heat, whisking, until thickened, 5 minutes; do not boil. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Stir in the lime zest and season with salt. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- Soak 24 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Light a grill. Transfer 1/2 cup of the mustard to a small bowl. Thread the chicken onto the top third of the skewers; grill over moderate heat, turning, until browned and almost cooked, 8 minutes. Brush the chicken with the reserved 1/2 cup of mustard and grill until glazed and cooked through. Serve the skewers with the remaining mustard.