Before you say ewww or before you say you will never or rather you would never eat this..I ask you to have an open mind a minute....
All your Thanksgiving favorites are combined in this savory casserole that's so easy to make, you can enjoy it any time. Just think about it....
- 2 cup(s) cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup(s) Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1 small (about 1/4 cup) onion, minced
- 1 can(s) (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 can(s) (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 3 cup(s) cubed cooked turkey
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- Stir the sweet potatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and milk in a medium bowl. Spoon the sweet potato mixture around the inside edge of a 10-inch round casserole, forming a ring.
- Heat the stock, onion, and water chestnuts in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the soup, turkey, and water. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Spoon the turkey mixture into the center of the sweet potato ring.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the turkey mixture is hot and bubbling.
You can substitute chicken for the turkey and chopped walnuts for the water chestnuts (if using walnuts, sprinkle them onto the finished dish).Just thought you'd like to know that!
Enjoy! Eat well my friends (With an open mind!!!)