So here is my recipe for Slow Cooker Crockpot Turkey Chilli....Ouu that almost sounded like some profanity, didn't it?
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 28-oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Shredded cheddar, for garnish
- sliced green onion, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil. Add onion and pepper and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is golden and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper then stir in garlic and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add the tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook on high for 4 hours, until the chili has thickened. Check for seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cheese and green onion, if desired.
EAT WELL MY FRIENDS!