Heyyy there...I'm back....Bet you thought I had shut this blog down....No...Was just busy...
Here is a nice romantic Italian meal...Quick Parmesan breaded chicken and a zesty marinara and penne pasta work together for this easy fall dinner.
- 1/4cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ reduced sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1.Heat oven to 425°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Brush both sides of chicken with dressing; place in pan. In small bowl, stir melted butter, bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese until well blended. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon bread crumb mixture on top of each breast. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (165°F.)
- 2. Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain; return to saucepan.
- 3. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly, until tender. Stir in both cans of tomatoes, the broth and 3 tablespoons of the basil. Cook, uncovered, over low heat 15 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Add tomato mixture to pasta; toss to coat.
- 4. Spoon pasta onto serving platter; top with chicken. Garnish with remaining 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon basil.