When I was in the military, There was no end to guys who specialized in preparing chilli...I had some of the best chilli,I believe ...in the world....Now...I don't have it as much...but I love it.
Here is a simple recipe for chilli, that you can prepare at home...
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 pounds Ground beef
- 1 White Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 small Green pepper
- 1 Jalapeno peppers
- 1 Habanero Peppers
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato paste
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Chillies
- 3 can Kidney beans
- 2 bottles Dark Beer; can substitue Beef Broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 11/2 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt/Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1.Heat pot Med-High (7), to heat up olive oil.
- 2.Dice onion, green peppers, and garlic. Add to pot along with Brown Sugar and cook until onions are translucent.
- 3.Add in Ground Beef and cook through
- 4.Add in 1 Bottle of Beer/Beef Broth (drink the other one)
- 5.Add in Worcestershire sauce
- 6.Add in all the cans (drained and rinsed beans, undrained tomatoes, corn)
- 7.Stir Well, cover and cook on Medium for 10 min
- 8.After 10 min add in spices, jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers
- 9.Stir Well, cover and cook on medium-low (4)
- 10.Stir every 15-20 min
- 11.Cook for about 3 hours, with the last hour on the lowest setting for heat
- 12.Last ten minutes, take lid off to help thicken up (if needed)
- 13 Serve with Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese and crackers
Enjoy! Eat Well My Friends...