- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 8-g pkg quick-rise instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hot milk (120F to 130F)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 apple, grated (not peeled)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Whisk 1 cup flour with granulated sugar, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in hot milk, 2 tbsp butter, egg and apple. Stir in 11/2 cups flour, using a wooden spoon, and continue stirring until dough starts to come together.
- Scrape dough onto a floured counter. Knead dough until smooth and not sticky, adding some of remaining 1/2 cup flour as needed, 3 to 4 min. Spray a medium bowl with oil and transfer dough into bowl. Cover with a damp tea towel and let rest in a warm place until dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 10-in. Bundt pan lightly with oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup melted butter into a shallow dish. In a medium bowl, stir brown sugar with cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Dip each ball in butter, then coat in sugar mixture. Layer balls in prepared pan, staggering each layer like bricks. Pat down. Sprinkle any remaining butter and sugar over dough.
- Bake in centre of oven until deep golden brown, about 25 min. Transfer to a rack. Let stand 5 min, then flip onto a plate.
- Place icing sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in apple cider, 1 tbsp at a time, until smooth. Drizzle glaze over warm bread. Serve immediately.
Enjoy! Eat and drink Well My friends!