Hi, I know it's been awhile...but this blog is still up and running...It's summer and in the summer you might not want to have a hot oven running in your house....You might want something light....and something different...
and as far as different goes...You can't get any different than this recipe....Pineapple & Ham Fried Rice.
- 1 cup(s) long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 6 ounce(s) thick-cut sliced ham, cut into thin 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound(s) (about 1/4 medium) pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into thin 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red pepper, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (seeded for less heat, if desired) jalapeño, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 piece(s) (1-inch) fresh ginger, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch matchsticks
- 2 clove(s) (large) garlic, finely chopped
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the ham and cook, tossing occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the pineapple and cook until beginning to brown around the edges, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pepper and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes. Add the onion and cook, tossing, for 3 minutes. Add the jalapeño, ginger, and garlic and cook, tossing occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and toss to combine. Serve with cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
Enjoy on a hot summer night...Eat and drink well my friends!