My charactor ,Jimmy Barlow (from Escapades) is not Irish, but he likes a good St. Patty's Day celebration...In honor of that , his girlfriend, sexy Detective Angie Belton fixed him some Green Velvet Silver Dollar Pancakes when he came over to her house...just a little under the weather...
- 1 cup(s) plain or buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- Green food coloring, for tinting
- 4 tablespoon(s) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoon(s) confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) Lucky Charms (cereal and marshmallow bits) DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place cookie sheet in oven.
- Make pancakes: In large bowl, whisk pancake milk, egg, milk, butter, granulated sugar, and green food coloring until combined with a few lumps.
- Lightly grease a griddle or 12-inch, nonstick skillet; heat on medium heat until very hot.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of batter onto hot griddle. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through, flipping once. Transfer to cookie sheet in the oven to keep warm.
- Make topping: In medium bowl, with hand-mixer on medium, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and milk until smooth.
- Serve silver dollar pancakes topped with cream cheese glaze and Lucky Charms.
Note: To make this recipe even faster, prepare your favorite pancake mix (tinted green) as the label directs and serve with the cream cheese glaze.
Enjoy! Eat Well My friends!