Here is a man's meal....Comfort food for a blustery winter.
This is an easy one pan recipe that everyone should love. You can serve it on mashed potatoes with a side of steamed veggies or even put in on a hamburger bun for a sloppy sandwich which tastes amazing! Thank you to my friends at Foodie TV for this recipe..
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/3 cup water
- Place butter in a frying pan with onions. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes ensuring onions don't brown. Add mushrooms and cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a bowl combine beef, 1/4 cup of the broth, egg, pepper and bread crumbs. Mix well and form 6 patties.
- In another small bowl, combine remaining broth, flour, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder and water. Mix well.
- Remove mushrooms/onions from the pan. Place beef patties in the pan and brown on each side (about 2 minutes). Place onions/mushrooms on top of patties and pour broth mixture over top. Cover and let simmer 20 minutes or until done. Serve with mashed potatoes!
Eat well My friends!