Here is a quick and new breakfast recipe for the fall. Cinnamon Oat Pancakes. Rolled oats give these pancakes a hearty, nutty flavor. Serve them with butter and maple syrup or powdered sugar and bananas.
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 2 cup(s) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil, plus more for skillet
- Using a food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and 1 cup oats and pulse a few times to coarsely grind oats. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and oil. Add dry ingredients and 1 cup oats and whisk just until moistened.
- Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Lightly oil skillet. Using 2 to 3 tablespoons for each pancake, drop batter in skillet and cook until a few bubbles have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until browned on undersides, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with more oil and batter.
- Serve with Maple Syrup and Butter.
Enjoy! Eat Well My friends!