The Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich with mayo or BLT is arguably the greatest sandwich in the world..
The BLT is made with just a few, simple ingredients, yet it manages to hold a spot on nearly every diner menu across the country. There's something about the flavor combination that makes it one of the best sandwiches known to man, and this BLT-inspired recipe,will capitalize on the magical trifecta, even when sliced bread isn't involved.
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
Directions;Preheat oven to 400°. Invert a muffin tin upside down onto a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut 8 slices of bacon in half crosswise. Lay two of the halved strips onto an inverted muffin tin cup in the shape of a cross. Weave two more half pieces on both sides to create a mini weave. Wrap the entire cup with a whole slice of bacon. Repeat to make three more cups. Bake until crispy, about 20 minutes. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Make dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, lemon juice and chives and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and lettuce and toss to coat.
- Remove bacon cups from muffin tin and fill with dressed lettuce and tomatoes. Garnish with more chives and serve.