Everybody likes a nice bowl of soup....I don't care what time of year it is....
The stovetop works just as well for the vegetable soup , but the Instant Pot is even more hands off. Saute the onion and garlic, then throw in the frozen vegetables, along with vegetable broth and diced tomatoes. Set the pressure on the Instant Pot and walk away. Couldn’t be easier.
This is a great soup to keep on hand for light lunches. If you want to add some protein, throw in some cooked chicken or beans.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp dried thyme
- 12 oz. Simple Truth Frozen Organic Mixed Vegetables
- 12 oz. Simple Truth Frozen Organic Green Beans
- 1 (14 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2¾ cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For Instant Pot:
- Set Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add the olive oil and allow to heat for 1 minute. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, oregano and thyme, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the frozen mix vegetables, frozen green beans, petite diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, close the steam vent and set to HIGH pressure using the manual setting. Decrease the time to 4 minutes.
- Once the time is expired, wait for 5 minutes, then carefully use the quick release valve to release the steam. Stir in the parsley. Season to taste. Serve.
For the Stovetop:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, oregano and thyme, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
Don't Sweat The Technique:
Cook time includes the pressurization time for the Instant Pot. To decrease this time, bring the vegetable broth to a boil before adding to the Instant Pot.
Andt here you have it...Enjoy! Eat Well My Friends