I've talked about steaks a lot on this blog...Welll, a few times.. With summer here...You're going to be grilling steaks...so here is a nice recipe for making some grilled Steaks.
- 2 tablespoon(s) cracked black pepper
- 2 dry bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon(s) Asian fish sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 (12- to 14-ounce) rib eye steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 pound(s) red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pickled jalapeños, seeded
- 1 tablespoon(s) dry red wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) drained cocktail onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) oil-cured Moroccan olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) torn mint leaves
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the cracked pepper with the bay leaves, fish sauce, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the steaks to the dish and rub all over with the mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and jalapeños and cook over moderate heat until the onions are just softened, 5 minutes. Add the wine and 1 tablespoon of the vinegar, and season with salt and ground pepper. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat until the onions are very tender, 40 minutes.
- Uncover the onions and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes. Transfer the onions to a blender. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar and puree until very smooth. Season with salt and ground pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cocktail onions, olives, and mint leaves with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Preheat a grill pan or light a grill. Grill the steaks over moderate heat, turning once or twice, until lightly charred, about 7 minutes for medium-rare meat. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes, then serve with the onion sauce and pickled onion relish.
You could serve this with just a salad...provided you fix enough steaks....Enjoy!